HOW TO MANAGE A POULTRY FARM BUSINESS
In every field, the word ‘management’ always brings some sense of responsibility and sometimes a burden. This goes for your agriculture and poultry farm business as well. But do you know why management is important? Before starting, you need to create an infrastructure to set up everything because every field needs to be maintained and managed. This is a fact that:
Management can make or even break the entire organization.That is why every step in every industry needs to be managed.
MANAGEMENT AREAS FOR MAINTAINING A FARM BUSINESSThe chicken poultry industry is one of the most successful industries right now. There are almost 1,11,608 poultry farms all over the world. Any work can be done properly by making a proper team. That’s how you can manage a company or a farm. Here are some areas where you have to manage your work for better productivity.
TIME MANAGEMENT IN POULTRY BUSINESSIf you are working in any field like handling the feed, finances, or anything, do not show laziness in your work. Your poor time management can lead you to a disaster like loss of money and time.
RECORD MANAGEMENT IN POULTRY FARM BUSINESSKeep a record of everything like: How many eggs your chickens are laying every day. How much feed and water do they consume? Obviously, every egg has some expiration date. So, keep a record of everyday processes. This thing will help you in the proper management of your poultry farm.
TARGET & ENGAGE YOUR CUSTOMERS IN POULTRY FARM BUSINESSManagement of your poultry farm is not enough to make you successful because customers play a big role in the whole process. Target your customers by your location. Provide them most of the facilities which are feasible for your business as well. Try to turn your customers into your loyal customers.
EQUIPMENT MANAGEMENT IN POULTRY FARMManage all the equipment which are used for the farm. Brooders, incubators, crates, egg trays, water disposal systems, heaters, feeders, and other equipment are used in poultry farms.
ROLE OF ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENTChicken requires a maintained temperature for optimal development. Environmental factors such as maintained temperature, lighting, ventilation, and humidity also play an active role in achieving the best result.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IN POULTRY FARM BUSINESS
- While starting a new business, you require to maintain your reports, balance sheets, and your accounting sheets as well.
- These types of datasheets and graphs help in gathering the information and data which are useful for the growth of your business.
- You can also use online software to check all the costs and ratios. For example checking the cost per egg and chicken, their feeds, and other expenses.
- Manual handling of the reports, monetary records, and accounting for big firms is not possible anymore.
HEALTH MANAGEMENT IN POULTRY FARM BUSINESS
- Proper vaccination and medication are very compulsory for the chickens. Because viruses, bacteria, parasites, and fungi can cause harmful diseases. Usually, farm birds are prone to various kinds of diseases. That is why to maintain their health, vaccinate them timely.
- Keep some medications in stock as well.
- Definite records of all occurrences of illness should be kept.
FEED MANAGEMENT:The nutritional feed is one of the most important factors in the healthy growth of your chickens. For ensuring the best performance, proper good feed that avoids contaminants is very useful. Give your chicken access to the feed. Maintain the timing of their eating routines.
WATER MANAGEMENT IN POULTRY FARMS:Water is the most important part of life. The poultry farm should have a clean source of water. Usually, in summer the water consumption of chickens becomes twice or more as compared to their normal water intake. That’s why clean and disinfect the drinking fountains daily.
OTHER IMPORTANT FACTORS FOR POULTRY FARM MANAGEMENT:Above mentioned points are the areas where you have to be quite careful in the management. If you are new to this industry, make sure you don’t get lazy in any field because it can cause serious damage to your chickens and eggs which will result in the loss of your business.
- Egg storing
- Security management
- Proper cleaning of the farm
- Proper cleaning of the equipments
- Proper medication
- Give a proper space for the roost
- Store the eggs in a suitable place
- Differentiate between the healthy and sick birds to avoid the worst scenario
- Keep proper insect control on your farm to avoid the transmission of the disease.
- Proper ventilation and lightning in the farm
- Access to basic needs like food and water
- Proper check and balance of the chickens to maintain their health
- Consult bird specialists more often.
- Communicate with every field person who is involved in the poultry to get a better understanding. It helps in the decision making process.
- Create a proper marketing channel through which you can reach your customers.